Alpesh is the director of the Digital Capability Center (DCC) in Singapore. In partnership with the Singapore government, the DCC drives the development of intellectual property by bringing together global experts in a collaborative setting. As the leader, Alpesh collaborates with colleagues to pursue cutting-edge insights in Industry 4.0 capabilities, energy efficiency, digital technologies, and productivity.
Alpesh is also an expert in operations and manufacturing. He has deep expertise in motorsports and has extensive experience in the automotive industry as well as in assessing the economic impact of large events and infrastructure projects on countries.
Examples of his recent work at McKinsey include:
- developing the maritime logistics strategy for a Southeast Asian country, which included assessing the economic impact from reduced logistic costs on the overall economy
- assessing the socio-economic impact of a transnational rail infrastructure project in Asia
- assessing the economic and brand impact of a large sporting event on a country and region
- developing a pan-Asian strategy for a large automotive importer and dealer group
- leading an operations transformation program for an offshore rig manufacturer, focusing on outfitting productivity
- developing the procurement and cost reduction program for a national transit system company in Southeast Asia
In addition to serving clients, Alpesh is a pundit commentator on the ‘RaceDay’ and ‘Chequered Flag’ programs for a number of F1 races broadcasted by TV channel Fox Sports Asia.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Alpesh was with the Ferrari Formula One Team as Senior Aerodynamicist, he also developed flow simulation software for the aeronautics and aerospace industries at an engineering company.
He is a native French speaker and is also fluent in English and Italian.